Attention Fab Your Life (FYL) Clients,
Hope you’re keeping well during these unprecedented times as Ontario begins to reopen. It’s been 3 months since we’ve had to close our doors at FYL due to the pandemic. During this time, we have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and directives from the Ontario Government, Ministry of Health and regulatory colleges (ie. College of Kinesiologists of Ontario, College of Physiotherapists of Ontario, College of Massage Therapists of Ontario). On May 26th, Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health declared that regulated health professionals can return to work with the appropriate precautions and protocols in place to protect our clients and FYL team.
With that said, I am happy to announce that Fab Your Life Health & Wellness will reopen for business on Monday, June 15th 2020. We have taken a very cautious approach to reopening the clinic and have implemented the necessary infection control and prevention measures for both our clients and healthcare team!
To ensure the health and safety of everyone, FYL will be implementing the following protocols at the clinic:
- An initial COVID-19 pre-screen will be conducted the day before your appointment. You will also be screened when you arrive to the clinic. I am currently working on getting an online system in place where you will receive a pre-screen email prior to your appointment.
- Contact Tracing Registry: The Ministry of Health has requested that clinics maintain a contact tracing log book. FYL will be maintaining a roster of all people entering the clinic in the event that contact tracing is required.
- Physical Distancing: FYL will maintain a physical distancing policy (ie. 6 feet of separation) when possible.
- Signage reminding clients of social distancing and hand hygiene will be posted throughout the clinic.
- Payments: Interac or credit card payment is preferred and will be processed through the TD terminal to reduce exchange of cash.
- Restricted Visitor Policy: It is recommended that all guests and visitors wait outside the clinic (unless absolutely necessary) to maintain a 1-on-1 ratio with the therapist.
- Hygiene: Hands must be thoroughly washed before and after each appointment by therapists and all clients. Please use facility washrooms. Sanitizer will also available at the office.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): The Ministry of Health has regulated that health professionals wear a mask during the session. FYL health professionals will be wearing 3-ply surgical masks during treatments and exercise sessions for the foreseeable future. FYL clients must wear a clean face mask upon arrival (cloth/non-medical). If you do not have a face mask, you will be required to purchase one at the clinic for $2.00.
- Cleaning and Disinfection: Treatment tables and equipment will be cleaned between each patient/client visit. All high touch surfaces (ie. door handles, washrooms will be regularly disinfected throughout the day).
- Monitoring Symptoms
- Considering the physical nature of treatment and therapeutic exercise at the clinic, our health professionals will be monitoring themselves for COVID-19 symptoms to ensure the safety of FYL clients and healthcare team. Your safety is our priority!